Thursday, August 2, 2012

Retro Saber: Intro to Dock Diving, 2011

Saber here! I'm getting so excited for the upcoming DockDogs events I will be entered in this month and next month. Mom says I get to jump in the County Fair again at the National DockDogs event and then I'll also probably jump in the big event our local Club is putting on at a Sportsman's Show. The Fair is my favorite because I get to jump as much as I want for five days straight! I love to jump and swim. I started early! Here I am when I was 4 months old, the day Mom first took me to the Columbia River to see what "water" is all about.

"What is this, Mom?"


Hmmmm. (Blowing bubbles in the water with my nose)


Wheee!!!!!!!!!!!


A DockDog was born!

Of course, I was much too young to jump off a dock quite yet. I had to wait until I was 8 months old for that! Here I am with Mom at one of my first club practices last July:


I also practiced on vacation at a lake in Oregon so I'd be ready for competition at the Fair.


Then, when I was 9 months old, it was time for my big debut! I was ready! Looking so regal on the dock:


"Uh, wait a second, this is not exactly a river..."


It looked REALLY different from the usual river and wow what a drop-off! Did they seriously want me to jump off this cliff? (Remember, I was just a baby, and was not used to jumping off cliffs yet). Mom kept splashing my toy around in the water to help me decide to jump:


The DockDogs staff tried to help too. They were tossing my toy around with a net!


I wanted it soooooooooo bad! Just a leeeeeeeeeetle bit closer, please!


Well, I did jump in once. But then I found this REALLY cool ramp on the side of the dock!
"Hey people! Look at this! An easier way to get into the water! Now we don't have to do it the hard way anymore! Aren't I smart? You're welcome!"


I had tons of fun over the next 5 days jumping into the pool from the ramp! I know I was the best dog there because so many people were smiling, laughing and clapping for my performances. Score for Team Saber!


After the fair it was back to the river for less exciting jumps off actual docks. I leave you with some photos of me jumping at dock diving practices last September and October.





This year I am going to jump far! Wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a blast! Glad you had fun, and thanks for stopping by my blog, PoochieProject.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saber Jet, thanks for visiting our blog. You are a very beautiful dog too. Good luck with your jumping - we know you will do very well.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete