Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Saber Does the Fair, 2012

Yesterday Mom took me to the county fair (just like she did last year) to jump in the DockDogs competition. What that means is that she throws my toy in the water and I jump in and get it. It is not quite as fun as jumping in the river, but it'll do. Last year I was just a puppy and was kind of scared to jump off the big cliff, but this year I was brave and jumped really far!




Thank you Peggy for taking these pictures!

Yep, I did great! In yesterday's Wave I got first place in the Junior division. Today I jumped in two Waves; I placed first in one and second in the other. My best "official" jump was 14' (measured from the end of the dock to the base of the tail where it enters the water) but I had another measured, practice jump of 14' 8"! All of my jumps have placed me in the Junior Division (which is between Novice and Senior). I got some pretty ribbons that Mom will take pictures of later (with me of course). I am going back tomorrow to jump again!

Now if only they would throw a raw steak into the pool instead of a toy...

No comments:

Post a Comment