Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Saber Reviews the Dakota Memorial Dog Park, Vancouver, WA

Hi again! I am so excited to share this review of my very favorite dog park adventure so far. This time, we visited Dakota Memorial Dog Park in Vancouver, Washington. This dog park is huge! It's a fully fenced 8-acre off leash dog area within Pacific Park, which my Mom says is an awesome human park in itself. But more on the human park later. Here is the double-gated entry to the dog park:


See how nice the fencing is? And the grass is nicely maintained as well as the paved areas. Poop bags, trash bags, wide open space, shade trees, and a great walking path all await you at this park. What more could a dog ask for?


STICKS!!! Trying to figure out how to fetch this one...


"Excuse me Mr. Pit-bull-type Dog, but I am afraid you will lose your balance when I pick up this stick in my mouth, so could you please remove yourself from my stick?"


"What's that?? You want to play?? Sure!"


That was fun. Then it was time for some fetching! Lots of room to run here.


I found someone with a Chuck-It and an Australian Shepherd! See that herding breed focus?? We had a blast together! Notice the long winding path beneath the trees behind us. The humans liked that.


I got to run and play with my Girl, too (yes, kids are allowed here!)


There's also fresh clean water for everyone! I loved this fountain. (Mr. Beagle, really. Do you mind?)


Just steps outside the dog park, there is a large, clean human rest room, a big field for kids to play sports in, a huge parking lot, a gigantic pavilion with picnic tables and a really nice playground for the human kids! I got to lie in the shady grass and watch my Girl play for awhile.


Mom and I agree this is the best dog park we have visited yet! We definitely will come back to this one. Next time we will bring a picnic lunch and stay for hours! I can hardly wait!


For more information, directions, and maps for dog parks in the Portland area (including Vancouver), check out this fantastic site: Portland Dog Parks. As you can see, we still have plenty of visiting to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment