Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saber Does Vancouver, WA: Ross Dog Park Review

It's me, Saber! I'm home from a nice trip down to Oregon with my Mom and my Girl. They had the nerve to leave me at a kennel for a few hours while they went to a concert, can you believe it? I tried to climb the fence to come find them, but the dog-care person stopped me. I was a little offended that my humans went to a dog-free venue, but since they took me to many dog parks and other canine-friendly spots on this trip, I will let it go. This time.

Anyway, Mom took me to this new (to me) dog park in Vancouver, Washington (just across the river from Portland, Oregon) called Ross Park. Check it out, what a hill!


From the top:


The parking lot is down at the bottom of the hill, along with a bulletin board, poop bags, and a trash bin. I got lots of exercise running up and down this steep hill!


This park is about 8 acres and is totally fenced. There wasn't any water, and there weren't a lot of benches (just one on this side of the hill) but there is a nice bark-covered walking path all around the perimeter. Apparently there is a bigger area on the other side of this hill, but we didn't go there this time. There weren't too many people and dogs here so we were a little bored. I did explore, lay in the shade and fetch my Frisbee in the open grassy field for awhile. Lots of space!


I did find one friend about my size to play with!


I'd say this is a good park to go to if you like to run in open spaces or walk around with your human. I wish there were more dogs though! If your human does not like to hike up steep hills, park in the lot on the other side of the park (I think it is at the southwest corner of the park). Next time we come we will explore the other side of the park, which I hear is much larger!

No comments:

Post a Comment