Thursday, October 25, 2012

Saber Reviews: Grandview Dog Park, Seatac WA

Hi again! I am back with another dog park review for you, and this was a great one. Grandview Dog Park in Seatac, near Kent, is a HUGE dog park: 37 acres! There is something for everybody here (except cats). You will love it!

Here is the view of the entrance from the parking lot. You can see that there is not actually a closing gate here, although the park is fenced. So you do have to be a good puppy and not run off. I am a good puppy so my Mom can take me here.


Really, it is such a huge park with so much to do that you'll forget all about that open entrance! There is a porta-potty for your humans right there inside the fence, see? And all through the park there are poop bag stations with poop bags for your Mom so she can collect your poop. I am not sure what Mom does with all my poop, but I must be very special because she never leaves it behind. She must have a massive poop collection somewhere, but I have never seen it. She sure does love me a lot!

After you go through the entrance, there is this big gravel path that goes all around the park. Your family can walk on it while you run free and sniff!


After awhile, the path winds around and down to a lower area with lots of space, trees, and grass.


There is even a big pavilion with picnic tables! Mom was in awe of the "grand view" as we came around the corner. I must agree I do look stunning. Also please note Mount Rainier in the background.


Once you get down to the bottom of the path, there is a great big "all weather play area" that supposedly does not get muddy in bad weather. Darn.


But look! I found a Chuck-It Person! If there is a Chuck-It Person in a 37 acre park, I will find them!


After a rousing game of fetch-someone-else's-ball, Mom took me over to this area: agility equipment! Very cool!


There is an A-frame, a dog walk, some tires, jumps, and weave poles. I love agility. I am, in fact, somewhat of an agility expert. I will have to tell you about that sometime. But it was a very hot day and I was getting tired from our long walk, so I just did the A-Frame a few times.


After that, it was time to go. There are some nice stairs to get back up to the entrance area, so we didn't have to walk all the way back up that long path. This is a great park! I hope we can go back again sometime soon. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment