Monday, November 9, 2015

The Birthday Shepherd!

Well hello! It's been a very long time since this shepherd has written, and I have so many exciting things to tell you about! I have thrilling updates in obedience, Rally, nosework and Barn Hunt... but today is a day more special than any of those things. Today is my birthday! Yes, it is hard to believe, but this magnificent shepherd is FIVE years old today. I thought it only fitting that I share with you the excitement of my birthdays, past and present!

First, let me introduce my parents. Here is my mother, Eris. Isn't she lovely? I inherited her focus and stunning good looks, as well as her athletic build and useful pink tongue.




This is my father, Tobi. I got my intensity from him!



Dad doing Schutzhund. This looks fun, right? If only the man had a roast turkey on his arm instead of that sleeve. 

So my parents met and fell in love, and I am the result!

I was born on a chilly fall day in 2010, along with my four stunning sisters and one handsome brother. Here we are with our beautiful, attentive mother. I am the one with the orange collar.


We were so tiny! That picture kind of reminds me of the rats in Barn Hunt (shudder). But that's okay, we grew and got cuter really fast! Here I am at one week old.


Just look at my tiny ears and perfect little nose! I was adorable! But time marches on and I did not stay small for long. Actually my ears grew first...



But soon the rest of me caught up. Here I am on my first birthday. I was not too sure about the hat...


But I WAS sure about the birthday cake!! Yum! Notice my perfect stay, not diving for the cake before I was given the go-ahead. Even then, my obedience skills were impeccable!


Here I am a year later, turning 2... (Mom says I was starting to "mature" then. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because I wanted to eat the Barbies earlier in life is no sign that I was ever immature! And I'm not saying I know anything about this personally, but I'm sure there are probably plenty of grown up shepherds who enjoy the delicate flavor of a Kleenex once in awhile.)


Turning 3, with fancy candles and going for a dignified, Presidential type portrait:


Last year, turning 4. Check my awesome "Party Girl" hat! I think I know a poodle friend who may like to borrow this hat.


Don't worry, I got cake too! A delicious, meaty cake. Again, lit on fire by my mother, who seems not to quite have the concept of cake-warming down yet. (Not enough fire).


Today was another great birthday! I turned five and Mom made me a yummy cake out of canned beef and little star shaped treats! I did endure the birthday hat ritual before indulging in my cake. I am not actually that interested in modelling, even though I am highly attractive and modest. Also, the hat is not German, and not made of gold or bacon which would be more fitting for a canine of my stature. However, I wore the hat because it made my family smile. Do not judge.



I was allowed to shred the hat afterward, so that made it worth it! I was very happy to eat my cake.


I always get presents, treats, and an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen for my birthday, too! Aren't I a lucky shepherd? Life is good.

Feel free to bring, send, or mail me food gifts on this day next year. One can never have too much dinner! Trust me on this.

Check back later for more thrilling updates on what I've been up to! (Don't ask the cat, please. She lies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment