Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Saber Jet has Landed! Flying to CAX, Part 1

When my breeder named me Jette, she was not kidding. I am the Jet of all jets. When my mother named me Saber, perhaps she had in mind the amazing F-86 Sabre Jet, a U.S. combat fighter jet during the Korean war that could go 670 miles per hour... almost as fast as me!

Sabre Jet:


Saber Jet:


See? So alike. So fast. So flawless.

By the way, that photo of me was taken in Redmond, Oregon last June when I was lure coursing. And boy, do I have a lot of lure coursing updates for you!

I have been doing a lot of running lately. Where did I leave off? Oh yes. I told you about my three successful runs in Walla Walla in April 2013. Well, our next trip was to Spokane in June, where I earned two more ribbons. Mom forgot to take pictures of my ribbons, but she did take pictures of the magnificent shepherd having fun in Spokane! Here I am at Riverfront Park:


My favorite fountain! Nomming all the noms and entertaining the crowds:


We also got to stay in a hotel and of course, I got my own bed so I could rest after all my hard work:


Back to lure coursing. As I mentioned, our next runs were in Redmond, Oregon with the Chintimini Kennel Club, and I had three amazing, qualifying runs. We got some great pictures here, thanks to a very nice couple of photographers. Run 1:

Flying with all feet off the ground!


 Look! I've got those bunnies in my sights!


Got it! Nom nom nom. Tastes like chicken.


Hmmm. I think I broke it. Oh well.


Run 2: off I go!


Look at those turns! Even a Sabre Jet could not compete!


Such form! Such grace and beauty!



Channeling my inner wolf, about to take down the prey:


Success! The pack shall eat well tonight.


I tried very hard to bring the bunnies to my mom, but someone tied them together, complicating things.


And Run 3:

Look at that focus!


Taking off down the runway...


...and coming in for a landing:


And once again Saber Jet takes down the bunnies! They almost never win these races!


Must. Shred. Rabbits.


I never get tired of catching bunnies.

On the way to Redmond, mom took me to visit a ghost town called Shaniko. Here I am in the Shaniko jail wagon. I am obviously a police dog:


I actually have a dog friend named Shaniko. I think he needs to come here and get his picture taken in his wagon. Someday we will find the towns named after me, and go there. I am sure there are several.

We also visited the museum (no one was in there but the ghosts, but I protected my mom and my girl)


As a reward, mom got me some ice cream. I love sharing ice cream with my mom. I always let her have the first licks because I am a very considerate shepherd:


We had so much fun on our trip, and mom got some wonderful photographs of me with these giant metal wheels that aren't going anywhere. I like to bite lawn mower wheels, but not these dead metal ones. Too hard on the teeth.


After our Redmond trip, I had a total of 19 runs toward my Coursing Ability Excellent (CAX) AKC title. Stay tuned for part 2... a dramatic story about my lure coursing injury, how I healed, and the awe-inspiring landing of the Saber Jet at CAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment